Bangalore is the start-up hub of India and is known as the ‘Silicon Valley of India’. It has given rise to Goliath companies like Infosys, Wipro and today is the home to many billion dollar unicorns such as Flipkart, Ola, InMobi, MuSigma among other high value, high growth start-ups.
The city was established by Kempegowda in 1537 and changed hands many times till it finally became the capital of the newly formed state of Karnataka in 1956. With a gross domestic product (GDP) of $83 billion, the city is ranked fourth in India by overall GDP contribution, after only Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata. The city also boasts of a throughout the year pleasant climate and some very relaxed and quiet neighbourhoods. Barring the traffic woes in the city, Bangalore offers a comfortable lifestyle to all its eight million plus residents (here are some top places to visit).
Here are some of the best places to live in Bangalore in terms of quality of life, parks, gardens, convenience of buying daily requirements and other amenities.
(South B’lore; Popular landmarks – South End Circle, Ashoka Pillar, Ragigudda Temple)
(North-west B’lore; Popular landmarks – Indian Institute of Science, Chowdiah Memorial Hall, Mantri Square)
(South B’lore; Popular landmarks – Jyothi Nivas College, St. John’s Medical College, Wipro Park, Forum Mall)
(North B’lore; Popular landmarks – Sankey Tank, Bashyam Circle, Mekhri Circle)
(South-central B’lore; Popular landmarks – Brahmin’s Coffee Bar, BMS College, Vidyarthi Bhavan, Ramakrishna Ashram)
(Central B’lore; Popular landmarks – National Public School, 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar Metro Station)
vii) Cox Town
(Central B’lore; Popular landmarks – Old Cantonment Area, Fairmont Tower)
viii) Sanjay Nagar (Dollar’s Colony)
(North B’lore; Popular landmarks – Jademuneshwaraswamy Temple, Rajamahal Vilas Club)
ix) HSR Layout
(South B’lore; Popular landmarks – HSR BDA Complex, NIFT Bangalore, BESCOM Control Centre, HSR Club)
x) Yelahanka New Town
(North B’lore; Popular landmarks – Mallya Aditi International School, Wheel & Axle Stadium, Srishti School of Art, Design & Technology)
BEST OF BANGALORE Series
In this, we show you the best that Bangalore – the Garden City has on offer for residents & visitors.
- 10 Best Localities (Areas) to live in Bangalore
- 25 Best Residential Complexes / Apartments in Bangalore
- 20 Top Places to Visit in Bangalore
- 5 Most Amazing Shopping Malls in Bangalore
- 6 Best Traditional Breakfast Places in Bangalore
- 15 Most Beautiful College Campuses in Bangalore
- 30 Top Schools in Bangalore
- 24 Best Playschools in Bangalore
- 9 Top Kid Friendly Restaurants of Bangalore
- Top Play areas in Bangalore
Latest posts by Team GyanLab.com (see all)
- 10 Music Academies in Indiranagar - March 2, 2016
- 10 Yoga Classes in Koramangala for a healthy body and mind - March 1, 2016
- 10 Dance Academies in Koramangala - February 29, 2016