A healthy mind resides in a healthy body. At the elementary level, physical activity stimulates the physical and mental growth of a child. The importance of sports is not just limited to being physically fit, but has positive effects on their studies as well.
Children’s participation in sports is extremely important, and should be encouraged as part of the school curriculum. The digital era has brought in a major shift in the way children spend their free time. It is important for parents and teachers to bring children back to the playground.
Physical Strength and All-Round Development:
A person who regularly plays sports not only develops a healthy body, but also develops better body strength, and better coordination. Also, perspiration is a great way of releasing toxins from the body, and playing in the open. It also provides mental sharpness and stamina, making them less susceptible to tiredness.
- Sports impart the important lesson of team-spirit, and gives them the experience of working with different kinds of people in different situations.
- They are a great lesson in time management, as even a second’s difference in a game can be crucial.
- They provide the spirit of competition that drives them to give extra effort.
- Sports provides the right platform to channelize your energy.
If sport is inculcated from a very young age, it helps build character and discipline. It gives them the confidence of being an individual with overall development.
It infuses a sporting spirit within children and takes the monotony out of their daily life.
Provides good health:
Being actively involved in sports keeps the body functioning and makes it resilient against common ailments and makes them less prone to diseases like diabetes and arthritis.
A mentally sharp and physically active child is more likely to be better-rested and stress-free. Due to academic competition, students may depressed or anxious. Sports help reduce anxiety and provide a stress-free and mentally healthy environment.
Latest posts by Team GyanLab.com (see all)
- 10 Music Academies in Indiranagar - March 2, 2016
- 10 Yoga Classes in Koramangala for a healthy body and mind - March 1, 2016
- 10 Dance Academies in Koramangala - February 29, 2016