It is extremely difficult a task to figure out which are the best schools in a particular city. There are so many different parameters, different thought processes, different focus points that predicting a rank 1, 2 3, and so on becomes almost impossible.
When we got started with finding our list of Top school in Bangalore via Survey, we had to make sure that we focused on one particular line of thought and stuck to that. So, we decided to focus on parameters and questions that enable us to get answers on the fact whether a child was ‘enjoying’ school. We fixed our domains as Academic, Co-curricular, Extra curricular and Eco-system and asked questions based on these parameters to parents, students and some teachers as well.
Here is what we found out:
|Name of School||Academics||Co-Curricular||Extra-Curricular||Eco-system|
|The Valley School||2.18||2.40||2.13||2.20|
|Indus International School||2.20||2.23||2.21||2.17|
|Mallya Aditi International School||2.18||2.25||2.08||2.15|
|The International School (TISB)||2.28||2.20||2.11||1.90|
|Vidya Niketan School||2.13||2.15||2.08||2.00|
|Centre for Learning||1.80||2.20||2.04||2.02|
|Bishop Cotton Boys School||2.03||2.18||2.03||1.65|
|Greenwood High School||1.85||2.05||2.03||1.95|
|Stonehill International School||2.03||2.05||1.81||1.95|
|St. Joseph’s Boys High School||2.03||2.15||1.96||1.63|
|Ryan International School||2.05||2.13||1.89||1.67|
|Sarala Birla Academy||1.85||1.95||1.96||1.95|
|Jain International Residential School||2.08||1.73||1.96||1.95|
|Canadian International School||1.90||2.03||1.85||1.91|
|Bangalore International School||1.78||1.95||1.96||1.88|
|Primus Public School||2.03||1.75||1.98||1.81|
|Air Force School||1.93||2.05||1.88||1.71|
|Bishop Cotton Girls School||1.93||2.00||1.86||1.72|
|National Academy for Learning||2.05||1.85||1.76||1.73|
|Ebenezer International School||1.80||1.90||1.89||1.77|
|Oasis Internation School||1.80||1.75||1.93||1.80|
|Top Schools in Academics (in Alphabetical Order)||Top Schools in Extra-Curriculars (in Alphabetical Order)|
|DPS North||Bishop Cotton Boys School|
|DPS South||Centre for Learning|
|Indus International School||Greenwood High School|
|Mallya Aditi International School||Indus International School|
|NPS Koramangala||Inventure Academy|
|NPS Rajajinagar||Mallya Aditi International School|
|NPS, Indiranagar||The International School (TISB)|
|The International School (TISB)||The Valley School|
|The Valley School||Vidya Niketan School|
|Vidya Niketan School||Vidyashilp Academy|
|Top Schools in Co-Curriculars (in Alphabetical Order)||Top Schools in Eco-system (in Alphabetical Order)|
|Bishop Cotton Boys School||Centre for Learning|
|Centre for Learning||Greenwood High School|
|Indus International School||Indus International School|
|Inventure Academy||Inventure Academy|
|Mallya Aditi International School||Mallya Aditi International School|
|St. Joseph’s Boys High School||Sarala Birla Academy|
|The International School (TISB)||Stonehill International School|
|The Valley School||The Valley School|
|Vidya Niketan School||Vidya Niketan School|
|Vidyashilp Academy||Vidyashilp Academy|
To help you understand what these parameters indicate, here are some basic guidelines on which we built our framework for the Survey.
1) Academics – We not only included to see if students were performing well, but whether they were able to increase their performance over time with their teachers’ help and guidance, and special initiatives that were specially designed to help these kids.
2) Co-curriculars – We focused on the number of such activities undertaken at a school but also the quality of these programs and if these were actually impacting kids positively. 1) Academics – We not only included to see if students were performing well, but whether they were able to increase their performance over time with their teachers’ help and guidance, and special initiatives that were specially designed to help these kids.
3) Extra Curriculars – Similarly, in our survey, we asked about the quality of the extra-curriculars and if people (parents and students) felt these programs had the quality and capability to produce experts and world class champions in various fields.
4) Eco-system – As a parameter, this was the closest to our heart and is about the atmosphere inside the school premises, the classrooms, teacher behaviour, the rigour of classwork/homework, and other such points conducive for learning to happen in an intuitive manner in the most stress-free environment.
P.S. – Your feedback on our work is utmost welcome. We have not done this listing in collaboration with any other organization, nor for any monetary benefit. Our whole purpose is to present information to you in the best possible manner and ensure it is of actual benefit for you and your kids.
Latest posts by Team GyanLab.com (see all)
- 10 Music Academies in Indiranagar - March 2, 2016
- 10 Yoga Classes in Koramangala for a healthy body and mind - March 1, 2016
- 10 Dance Academies in Koramangala - February 29, 2016